All of TSL’s articles are written by students for students. Interested in practising your writing, improving your commercial awareness, and enhancing your CV with some great law work experience? Contact us at email@example.com and apply to join TSL’s team of student writers.
When emailing to apply for a writing position, please provide:
- Confirmation of which team you would like to write/create content for.
- Please also attach a CV and a sample of your writing. Ideally this should be an article, but if you do not have previous article writing experience, a piece of coursework is fine
Information about the teams
As you may have seen, our articles are split between Weekly Briefings containing multiple short pieces:
- The Future Lawyer Update weekly briefing
- Commercial Awareness Update weekly briefing
and our main News & Articles sections featuring more in-depth pieces:
- Hot Topics
- Commercial Awareness
- Case Law Updates
- Commercial Industry Updates
- Legal Industry Updates
- Tips for Students
- YouTube Channel
Each of these teams is led by an editor. If you take a look at the different sections on the website, you will see the kinds of topics that each section covers.
Benefits of being a writer
We can speak from experience when we say that writing for the site will be a great boost for your CV if you are applying for training contracts or pupillages. It is also a great way to keep on top of the legal and commercial news, which will be helpful for any interviews you have coming up or for staying up to date generally if you already have a future job in place
Every month, we run a ‘Writer of the Month’ competition. The writer (or video maker) with the most views on a single article or video posted during that month will win a £20 Amazon gift card.