Whether you’re at school, university or have graduated, if you’re an aspiring lawyer then The Student Lawyer provides you with everything you’ll need to make chasing down that dream career in law that little bit easier.
Our guides will help you navigate your legal studies and the job market, and our weekly articles will ensure you are always up to date on the latest legal and commercial news for those all important interviews.
The TSL Training Contract Surgery gives you access to our team of qualified lawyers for CV and application reviews, practice interviews, assessment day workshops, and more, while the TSL Job Board contains hundreds of trainee, paralegal and other junior legal roles, with new jobs posted every week.
Become a TSL Writer
TSL's articles are written by a broad range of contributors. Interested in practising your writing, improving your commercial awareness, enhancing your CV, and receiving exclusive discounts on the TSL Training Contract Surgery services? Contact us at email@example.com for more information on how to join TSL’s team of student writers.
The TSL Training
TSL’s group of qualified lawyers offer you bespoke assistance to help you bag that all important training contract or vacation scheme. We offer you:
CV & Cover Letter Reviews
The first thing your employer will look at, so it’s important that you get them right!
Application Form Reviews
Includes an initial review, a follow-up call, and a final review.
Includes a one hour Skype interview with a qualified lawyer or legal recruitment professional.
Assessment Day Workshops
Includes practice interviews and a written, negotiation, and group presentation exercise held over the course of two days.
TSL Job Board
The Student Lawyer’s job board is a specially curated selection of jobs for law students. Choose from trainee, paralegal, legal secretary, legal assistant, and other junior roles. There are new jobs added every week, so be sure to keep checking until you find that dream role.
News & Articles
TSL’s team of writers telling you all the legal and commercial stories you need to know this week. Perfect for brushing up on the news before an interview.
- Your round-up of the stories that you should discuss at interview this week: Thomas Cook in talks over a latest rescue deal Reported by Nathan Gore […]
- The round-up of the stories that a budding Student Lawyer should be discussing at their interviews this week: Criminal Law Increase on Online Sexual Offenses Against […]
- Your round-up of the stories that you should discuss at interview this week: Fears that there could be energy shortages following Brexit Reported by Nathan Gore […]
- Your round-up of the stories that you should discuss at interview this week: Criminal Law Does the CPS need a review in deciding whether to pursue […]
- Bringing you all the laws MPs are voting on this week, and explained in plain English! Courtesy of Clear the Lobby
TSL’s team of writers give you a more in-depth take on the latest legal and commercial stories. Includes useful tips for law students and interviews with legal industry professionals.
- This time last year I had just finished my undergraduate degree and was excited to begin my study of the Graduate Diploma in Law. One year […]
- As prospective lawyers looking to stay commercially aware, you will no doubt be used to seeing the topic of sanctions appearing in the news, often in […]
- The next two years will see a major overhaul of the established routes to legal qualification in England and Wales. For prospective solicitors, the Solicitors Qualification […]
- This article explores the High Court’s decision in Canary Wharf (BP4) T1 Ltd -v- European Medicines Agency  EWHC 335 (Ch), which found that Brexit could not frustrate a […]
- It’s graduate season and you’re almost ready to walk out in to the world of work. But how do you demonstrate the skills and experience you’ve […]