Whether you’re at law school, university or sixth form, if you’re an aspiring solicitor or barrister then The Student Lawyer provides you with everything you’ll need to make chasing down your dream law careers that little bit easier.
Our guides will help you navigate your legal studies and the job market, and our weekly articles will ensure you are always up to date on the latest legal and commercial news for those all important interviews.
The TSL Training Contract Surgery gives you access to our team of qualified lawyers for CV and application reviews, practice interviews, assessment day workshops, and more, while the TSL Job Board contains hundreds of trainee, paralegal and other junior legal roles, with new jobs posted every week.
Become a TSL Writer
TSL's articles are written by a broad range of contributors. Interested in practising your writing, improving your commercial awareness, enhancing your CV, and receiving exclusive discounts on the TSL Training Contract Surgery services? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to join TSL’s team of student writers.
The TSL Training
TSL’s group of qualified lawyers offer you bespoke law careers assistance to help you bag that all important training contract or vacation scheme. We offer you:
CV & Cover Letter Reviews
The first thing your employer will look at, so it’s important that you get them right!
Application Form Reviews
Includes an initial review, a follow-up call, and a final review.
Includes a one hour Skype interview with a qualified lawyer or legal recruitment professional.
Assessment Day Workshops
Includes practice interviews and several written and oral group exercises over the course of one or two days.
TSL Job Board
The Student Lawyer’s job board is a specially curated selection of jobs for law students. Choose from trainee, paralegal, legal secretary, legal assistant, and other junior roles, and take that first step towards your dream law careers. There are new jobs added every week, so be sure to keep checking until you find that perfect role.
News & Articles
TSL’s team of writers telling you all the legal and commercial stories you need to know this week. Perfect for brushing up on the news before an interview.
- Welcome to our weekly feature courtesy of Sebastian Salek, the brains behind Clear the Lobby, working to bring you all the laws MPs are voting on […]
- The round-up of the stories that a budding Student Lawyer should be aware of this week: Continuing delays to probate applications Probate Litigation Update Reported by […]
- Your round up of the stories that you should discuss at interview this week. Sign up here to get these updates in your inbox every week. Boris Johnson […]
- Welcome back to our weekly feature courtesy of Sebastian Salek, the brains behind Clear the Lobby, working to bring you all the laws MPs are voting […]
- The round-up of the stories that a budding Student Lawyer should be aware of this week: Employment Law Executive Pay Gap Reported by Ellena Mottram Since […]
TSL’s team of writers give you a more in-depth take on the latest legal and commercial stories. Includes useful tips for law students and interviews with legal industry professionals.
- In the ancient Olympic Games, only men were allowed to compete except for equestrian events. After being excluded from the first modern Olympics in 1896, Charlotte […]
- It’s not something many business owners think about when they start, but your trademark is a valuable asset of your business. That’s why it’s crucial to […]
- It is often said that a thin line exists between Law, Morality and Ethics. This thin line sits in the idea of conflict of interests, where […]
- Emma Lilley is an in-house solicitor at the Manchester Airport Group. While she already knew as a student that she wanted to take the in-house route […]