Whether you’re at law school, university or sixth form, if you’re an aspiring solicitor or barrister then The Student Lawyer provides you with everything you’ll need to make chasing down that dream career in law that little bit easier.
Our guides will help you navigate your legal studies and the job market, and our weekly articles will ensure you are always up to date on the latest legal and commercial news for those all important interviews.
The TSL Training Contract Surgery gives you access to our team of qualified lawyers for CV and application reviews, practice interviews, assessment day workshops, and more, while the TSL Job Board contains hundreds of trainee, paralegal and other junior legal roles, with new jobs posted every week.
Become a TSL Writer
TSL's articles are written by a broad range of contributors. Interested in practising your writing, improving your commercial awareness, enhancing your CV, and receiving exclusive discounts on the TSL Training Contract Surgery services? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to join TSL’s team of student writers.
The TSL Training
TSL’s group of qualified lawyers offer you bespoke assistance to help you bag that all important training contract or vacation scheme. We offer you:
CV & Cover Letter Reviews
The first thing your employer will look at, so it’s important that you get them right!
Application Form Reviews
Includes an initial review, a follow-up call, and a final review.
Includes a one hour Skype interview with a qualified lawyer or legal recruitment professional.
Assessment Day Workshops
Includes practice interviews and several written and oral group exercises over the course of one or two days.
TSL Job Board
The Student Lawyer’s job board is a specially curated selection of jobs for law students. Choose from trainee, paralegal, legal secretary, legal assistant, and other junior roles. There are new jobs added every week, so be sure to keep checking until you find that dream role.
News & Articles
TSL’s team of writers telling you all the legal and commercial stories you need to know this week. Perfect for brushing up on the news before an interview.
- The round-up of the stories that a budding Student Lawyer should be aware of this week: Criminal law: Educational Needs Rise in the Number of Children […]
- Your round up of the stories that you should discuss at interview this week. Where does the UK remain in terms of Brexit? Reported by Paige […]
- The round-up of the stories that a budding Student Lawyer should be aware of this week: Criminal Law: Decline in Rape Prosecutions Decline in rape cases […]
- Your round-up of the stories that you should discuss at interview this week: Government to Crack Down on NDAs Reported by Sarah Mullane Following a consultation […]
- Welcome to our weekly feature courtesy of Sebastian Salek, the brains behind Clear the Lobby, working to bring you all the laws MPs are voting on this […]
TSL’s team of writers give you a more in-depth take on the latest legal and commercial stories. Includes useful tips for law students and interviews with legal industry professionals.
- The following article will explore a recent UK Supreme Court ruling, In the matter of an application by Dennis Hutchings for Judicial Review (Northern Ireland)  […]
- In the second half of 2019, Facebook revealed concrete plans on its intention to extend its operation and services and embark on a project to produce […]
- War on Single Use plastic InterContinental Hotels Group have announced the removal of plastic miniature toiletries from all 5,000+ of its hotels for environmental concerns. This […]
- This article will examine the case law surrounding the General Data Protection Regulation that came into effect on 25th May 2018. It is part of a […]
- The long-standing commercial arrangement between Waitrose and Ocado will come to an end in September 2020, after 19 years of partnership. What’s next for Waitrose? Waitrose’s […]