Whether you’re at law school, university or sixth form, if you’re an aspiring solicitor or barrister then The Student Lawyer provides you with everything you’ll need to make chasing down your dream law careers that little bit easier.
Our guides will help you navigate your legal studies and the job market, and our weekly articles will ensure you are always up to date on the latest legal and commercial news for those all important interviews.
The TSL Training Contract Surgery gives you access to our team of qualified lawyers for CV and application reviews, practice interviews, assessment day workshops, and more, the TSL Tutors service provides a directory of the country's best private law tutors, while the TSL Job Board contains hundreds of trainee, paralegal and other junior legal roles, with new jobs posted every week.
Become a TSL Writer
TSL's articles are written by a broad range of contributors. Interested in practising your writing, improving your commercial awareness, enhancing your CV, and receiving exclusive discounts on the TSL Training Contract Surgery services? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to join TSL’s team of student writers.
The TSL Training
TSL’s group of qualified lawyers offer you bespoke law careers assistance to help you bag that all important training contract or vacation scheme. We offer you:
CV & Cover Letter Reviews
The first thing your employer will look at, so it’s important that you get them right!
Application Form Reviews
Includes an initial review, a follow-up call, and a final review.
Includes a one hour Skype interview with a qualified lawyer or legal recruitment professional.
Assessment Day Workshops
Includes practice interviews and several written and oral group exercises over the course of one or two days.
For those looking for a helping hand with their law studies, TSL has assembled a directory of the best private law tutors in the country. Choose face to face or online sessions for help from A-Level law through the LLB/GDL all the way to the LLM or even law PhD.
TSL Job Board
The Student Lawyer’s job board is a specially curated selection of jobs for law students. Choose from trainee, paralegal, legal secretary, legal assistant, and other junior roles, and take that first step towards your dream law careers. There are new jobs added every week, so be sure to keep checking until you find that perfect role.
News & Articles
TSL’s team of writers telling you all the legal and commercial stories you need to know this week. Perfect for brushing up on the news before an interview.
- Emma Ducroix, Ellena Mottram, Jutha Cheewat and Laurence Tsai provide a round-up of the stories that a budding student lawyer should be aware of this week.
TSL’s team of writers give you a more in-depth take on the latest legal and commercial stories. Includes useful tips for law students and interviews with legal industry professionals.
- By Emily Counter It is common practice that when a general election is growing nearer television debates between significant political parties take place across various broadcasting […]
- Article by Eliza Liddicott As promised last week, the following article provides an insight into this overwhelming political period, making up the second of three updates. In […]
- In September 2019, Thomas Cook entered into Compulsory Liquidation. The events that led to the decision and the legal explanation of what Compulsory Liquidation is can be found in this article.
- Emily Counter discusses a Supreme Court case on a local council's duty to provide housing to the homeless.
- Lucy Priestman discusses the recent announcement by the EU to create its own virtual currency.