Whether you’re at law school, university or sixth form, if you’re an aspiring solicitor or barrister then The Student Lawyer provides you with everything you’ll need to make chasing down your dream law careers that little bit easier.
Our guides will help you navigate your legal studies and the job market, and our weekly articles will ensure you are always up to date on the latest legal and commercial news for those all important interviews.
New for 2020 - the TSL Mentor Scheme matches mentors from the legal industry - both solicitors and barristers - with mentees from underrepresented groups. The TSL Job Board contains hundreds of trainee, paralegal, and other junior legal roles, and the TSL Tutors service provides a directory of the country’s best law tutors.
News & Articles
TSL’s team of writers telling you all the legal and commercial stories you need to know this week. Perfect for brushing up on the news before an interview.
- RWANDA POLICY: THE GOVERNMENT’S LEGAL NIGHTMARE The Case In recent weeks, the government has come under attack for their controversial policy regarding the migrant crisis. In […]
- Green is the new black and is pretty much here to stay (in the EU, at least) 🪴 by Shaznee Seraj The EU proposed Directive on […]
- New Regulations Proposed In Attempting To Tackle Fake Reviews Background The Government has recently revealed plans to make it “clearly illegal to pay someone to write […]
- The devil wears Prada Louboutin 👠 Article by Shaznee Seraj 3-4 mins read The Parisian-born shoemaker, Christian Louboutin, loses trademark infringement case in Japan 🇯🇵 The […]
- Welcome to our weekly feature courtesy of Sebastian Salek, the brains behind Clear the Lobby, working to bring you all the laws MPs are voting on […]
TSL’s team of writers give you a more in-depth take on the latest legal and commercial stories. Includes useful tips for law students and interviews with legal industry professionals.
- In this article, Jack Charters interviews Malcolm Simpson, managing partner of Walker Morris LLP. In this article, Malcolm discusses the benefits of a varied early career, the importance of finding the firm that is right for you, and the future of working in the legal sector.
- In this article, Katie Burton shares some tips to help students receive their results and maximise feedback.
Public Prosecutors Office of the Athens Court of Appeal (Appellant) v Connor (AP) (Respondent) (Northern Ireland)Public Prosecutors Office of the Athens Court of Appeal (Appellant) v O'Connor (AP) (Respondent) (Northern Ireland)
- In this article, Sinead B shares some tips for writing essays.
Every month, TSL shines a light on a different law firm or chambers. If you are trying to work out which firms and chambers you should be applying to, our Featured Firm profiles give you all the information you need to make this important decision.
The TSL Mentorship Scheme matches mentors from the legal industry - both solicitors and barristers - with mentees from underrepresented groups. Successful applicants will receive one-on-one coaching and advice throughout the year from their mentor and will be invited to exclusive networking events and skills workshops.
For those looking for a helping hand with their law studies, TSL has assembled a directory of the best private law tutors in the country. Choose face to face or online sessions for help from A-Level law through the LLB/GDL all the way to the LLM or even law PhD.
Each week, TSL interviews a different guest from the legal profession to provide you with insight into their career journey and top tips for how to be successful throughout your legal career. Whether you are looking for guidance on how to improve your application writing skills, interview skills, public speaking skills or how to make the most out of your training contract/pupillage, we have an episode for you!