The Student Lawyer is run by volunteers, primarily consisting of University students studying law. We give everyone who volunteers with us the opportunity to build their skills in a variety of areas, demonstrate their legal interest and improve their CV. Students who have volunteered with us have gone on to further study and even joined Magic Circle law firms.
Take a look at the available positions below to find one that suits you. When you’ve found something you like, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- Job title in the subject line
- Your name, university and a brief paragraph about you
- A brief paragraph about why you’re interested in joining us
- A copy of your CV
Applications are currently open for an intern and for students looking for work experience relevant to the world of Law.
Additionally, we welcome applications for:
- Business & Industry News Reporter – Short daily articles giving the scoop on a big business and legal news of the day.
Careers & Study
- Study Writer – Longer articles each week giving students information on all their options from GCSE through to postgraduate courses.
- Careers Writer – Weekly articles advising readers on the variety of career options in the legal industry and how to secure one.
- Articles Writer – Weekly articles allowing the writer to analyse a legal topic in-depth, topics vary depending on the writer’s interests.
- Section Editor – Managing a small team of student writers, editing and producing their articles.
- Social Media Assistant – Help boost our presence on social media and get people engaged in our website!
- Campus Ambassador Manager – Help to manage our team of Campus Ambassadors all over the UK.
- Word Press Designer – Help out to manage the website – for the right applicant there could be a long-term position with The Student Lawyer for you.
We look forward to hearing from you!