The Student Lawyer is run by volunteers, primarily consisting of University students studying law. We give everyone who volunteers with us the opportunity to build their skills in a variety of areas, demonstrate their legal interest and improve their CV. Students who have volunteered with us have gone on to further study and even joined Magic Circle law firms.
Take a look at the available positions below to find one that suits you. When you’ve found something you like, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- Job title in the subject line
- Your name, university and a brief paragraph about you
- A brief paragraph about why you’re interested in joining us
- A copy of your CV
Applications are currently open for an intern and for students looking for work experience relevant to the world of Law.
Additionally, we welcome applications for:
- Business News Reporter – Short daily articles giving the scoop on a big business news of the day.
- Industry News Reporter – Short daily articles detailing developments in the fast moving legal industry.
- Morning Headlines Writer – Provide readers with a variety of articles each morning from across the web that gives them a great start to the day.
Careers & Study
- Study Writer – Longer articles each week giving students information on all their options from GCSE through to postgraduate courses.
- Careers Writer – Weekly articles advising readers on the variety of career options in the legal industry and how to secure one.
- Articles Writer – Weekly articles allowing the writer to analyse a legal topic in-depth, topics vary depending on the writer’s interests.
- Section Editor – this role is not always available but we can put you on a waitlist as we will require more Section Editors when we grow!
- Social Media/Forum Assistant – Help boost our presence on social media and get people involved in our forum!
We look forward to hearing from you!