These terms and conditions are entered into between Gradmedia Limited (trading as The Student Lawyer), a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11234698 and having its registered office at 3Space, Keetons & Collett, Keeton’s Road, London, SE16 4EE, (“TSL”), and the individual who has signed up for any of the services offered by The TSL Training Contract Surgery (“you”).
By signing up for any of the services offered by the TSL, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1) The prices for the TSL Training Contract Surgery services shall be as follows:
- CV review: £20
- Cover letter review: £20
- Application form review: £40
- Practice Interview: £60
- Combination package (including CV, cover letter, and application form review and practice interview): £100
- TSL Assessment Day Workshop : £450
2) The prices set out above shall be payable in advance and, other than as set out below, or as required by the Consumer Contracts Regulation, shall be non-refundable.
Terms relating to CV, Cover Letter
and Application Reviews
1) In exchange for the fees set out above, you will receive a mark-up of your document(s) provided by one of TSL’s qualified lawyers or legal recruitment professionals. Once you have received your mark-up, you may book a follow-up call (up to a maximum of 20 minutes) to discuss any comments made by TSL on your document(s). After you have made any further amendments to your document(s), TSL will then undertake a final review.
2) In order to sign up for a CV, cover letter, or application form review, you will need to complete the standard TSL Training Contract Surgery application form, which will allow you to upload the relevant documents. You must upload your documents in Word or other editable format. If you upload your documents in PDF, TSL will not be able to provide you with a mark- up.
3) Upon receipt of your document(s), one of TSL’s staff members will email you with payment instructions and to give you an indication of when TSL expects to be able to provide its mark-up of your document(s). TSL will not start reviewing your documents until you have paid the applicable service fee.
4) In the ordinary course, TSL will use its best endeavours to provide the mark-up within 2 business days of receiving payment, although sometimes this will not be possible. If there is a particular deadline by which you need to receive TSL’s mark-up (e.g., the deadline for your training contract application), please let TSL know in your application form or as soon as possible after your application. TSL will make every effort to meet a deadline that is communicated to it in this way and, if it unable to do so, it will provide you with a full refund of the service fee. If you fail to inform TSL of the relevant deadline and TSL subsequently sends you your mark-up after the deadline, you will receive no refund.
Terms relating to
1) In exchange for the fee set out above, you will receive a one hour practice interview over telephone or Skype with one of TSL’s qualified lawyers or legal recruitment professionals, including feedback on your performance.
2) In order to sign up for a practice interview, you will need to complete the standard TSL Training Contract Surgery application form. You should upload a copy of your CV and any application forms that might be relevant for your practice interview. For example, if you have an upcoming interview with a particular firm and want to practise questions that might come up in that interview, you should upload the application form you completed for that firm.
3) On receipt of your application, one of TSL’s staff members will email you with payment instructions, to book a time for your practice interview, and to check if there is anything in particular you would like to cover in your practice interview. For example, if you are about to attend an interview with a particular firm, TSL can tailor the questions in your practice interview to that firm.
4) If you have not paid your service fee before the time scheduled for your practice interview, TSL will have to cancel your practice interview.
5) Once you have booked a time for your practice interview, make sure you are available at the arranged time for your call and inform TSL as soon as possible if you are no longer able to attend. If you miss your practice interview without informing TSL, you will not be refunded your service fee unless you are able to provide evidence of extenuating circumstances beyond your control.
Terms relating to
TSL Assessment Day Workshop
1) In exchange for the fee set out above, you will receive: two practice interviews of half an hour each, a written exercise, a presentation exercise, and a negotiation exercise over the course of two days. The workshop will be supervised by a team of qualified lawyers and/or legal recruitment professionals and you will receive feedback on your performance.
2) TSL keeps its participant groups small in order to maintain a conducive learning environment. The ratio of participants to supervisors will never be greater than 1:5.
3) In order to sign up for an Assessment Day Workshop, you will need to complete the standard TSL Training Contract Surgery application form. You should upload a copy of your CV and any application forms that might be relevant for your practice interviews. On receipt of your application, one of TSL’s staff members will email you to confirm the details of the weekend and to provide you with payment instructions. Your place on the Assessment Day Workshop will not be confirmed until you have paid the applicable service fee.
4) You may cancel your participation in the Assessment Day Workshop any time up to one month before the start date and receive a full refund. If you cancel your participation on the weekend less than one month before the start date, you will be refunded 50% of the total fee, unless you cancel less than 48 hours before the start date, in which case you will not receive a refund.
Limitation of Liability
1) The TSL Training Contract Surgery provides a means for you to practice and develop your career finding skills in a risk-free environment. TSL makes no guarantees as to the success of any your job job applications. All advice provided by TSL is given in good faith and you agree to release TSL from liability for any adverse consequences or losses that might arise as a result of you following it.
2) In the event of a dispute between the parties to this agreement, the parties undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with the other in a process of mediation before commencing litigation.
3) The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in the courts of England and Wales.