Good morning. Here’s the news roundup.
Don’t miss out on some great benefits of becoming a member of TSL, including exclusive invites to some amazing careers events at a magic circle firm in the coming months. Join now.
Today’s Poll: Do you agree with the death penalty? – Vote now.
- Iceland drops EU membership bid (BBC News)
- German anger over Greek demand for war reparations (The Guardian)
- Oscar Pistorius: Athlete could still face murder charges after appeal over ruling allowing prosecutors to upgrade conviction is struck out (The Independent)
- Swedish Prosecutors Offer To Quiz Assange In UK (Sky News)
- Ferguson police shootings condemned by Barack Obama (BBC News)
- Commerzbank makes $1.45bn settlement with US (The FT)
- Slaughters and Freshfields advise on ITV acquisition of Talpa Media with €1.1bn price ceiling (The Lawyer)
- Future City Lawyer: Why are young people scared of disclosing their disability to employers? (BBC News)
- Nigel Farage says his discrimination law remarks were wilfully misinterpreted (The Guardian)
- FBI’s Ten Most Wanted: See the fugitives still at large as agency celebrates 65 years of posting bounties (The Independent)
- Max Clifford Arrested By Yewtree Police (Sky News)
- Fred Talbot: TV weatherman to be sentenced for abuse (BBC News)