Attorney Larry Bodine shared a presentation with us which focused on how to get new clients online. The presentation had a strong focus on social media and community outreach to generate more PR for the firm. It’s a brilliant and accurate summary of tips.
However, we wanted to share with you another great way to drive clients to your website (and thus to your door) using search engines. It is no little secret that the key to success online is through search engines.
Billions of people use search engines to find what they are looking for every day. They even do it on the go using their smartphones. Pew Research Center conducted a study in 2012 and uncovered strong results in favor of online searches. Of the people who use search engines:
- 91% state that they use search engines to find what they are looking for.
- 66% believe that search engines are an unbiased way to find information.
- 56% are confident with their ability to use search engines.
- 62% find what they are looking for most of the time, while 29% find it always.
These numbers are staggering and serve as proof that search engines can generate more recognition and business.
How to Use Search Engines for Your Business
There are 10 different search engines for consumer use. However, it comes as no surprise that Google is at the top (88% of users). Some businesses choose to focus on what Google has to offer, and with so many users, it is understandable. But there is no reason you can’t set up your website so that all of the search engines will crawl through your doors. There are two major ways to do this.
1) Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Most of us understand roughly what SEO is; however, not everyone really understands the nuts and bolts of it. To get your business ranking higher in search engines, you need to use keywords that people are actually searching with. To make the most out of SEO on your website, you want to consider a few key elements of the search.
- Your company name. Most people who know who you, will be looking for your business by name.
- Keywords that relate to your products/services. If you aren’t sure what keywords these are, brainstorm a list of keywords/phrases you would use if searching for your particular service. Try to keep them targeted and specific so you reach out to your targeted consumer. Keep synonyms in mind while generating the list.
- Browse competitors through search engines. Seek them out and find out what keywords the top 5 are using. This will help you generate a stronger list. For instance, a quick search for Criminal Defense Attorney Las Vegas NV will bring up a variety of high page ranking geo-specific websites. Using strategies for SEO could be helpful to your business.
2) Pay-Per-Click (PCC)
Another very common and highly effective method of utilizing search engines is through PCC advertising. This form of advertising is more cost-effective than just taking out ads in the newspaper or paying for banners on websites with high traffic.
Instead of paying a large fee up front for advertising that may not pay out, PCC allows you to pay for the advertising only if it is clicked by potential clients. You can set the volume per day, and how long the campaign runs so that the cost of advertising stays on budget.
Another benefit of PCC advertising is that it places your ad at the top of the search engine based on the relevance to consumer searches. Your clicks are targeted toward your intended audience.
With so many potential clients using search engines to find what they need, you want to make sure your business finds its way into the ranks of the top results.