Good morning. Here’s todays legal news roundup. We’re asking for your input on how to improve TSL. Take 5 minutes to fill out our survey and you could win one of three Amazon gift vouchers. Click here to take the survey.
- EU ban on powerful vacuum cleaners prompts anger and legal challenge (via The Guardian)
- Marijuana Law Mayhem Splits U.S. in Two as Travelers Get Busted (via Bloomberg)
- Family Dollar discount store rejects Dollar General takeover bid (via The FT – requires a free registration)
- Friend of Boston bombing suspect pleads guilty to obstructing justice (via CNN)
- Argentina debt plan ruled ‘illegal’ in US court (via BBC News)
- Barn owls and red kites under threat from ‘bizarre’ new law (via The Express)
- Florida same-sex marriage ban ruled unconstitutional in federal court (via The Guardian)
- Farm workers accused of pelting colleague to death with oranges (via The Independent)
- Bergdahl Prisoner Swap: Pentagon ‘Broke Law’ (via Sky News)
- Rare acquittal for China murder convict on death row (via BBC News)
- US police should shoot to kill or not at all, law and justice experts say (via The Guardian)
As usual, if you want to comment on any of these stories, leave your thoughts in the comments below.